Principles of Sustainability
To understand the principles of sustainability, you have to learn first the four pillars and sixteen principles of the earth charter.
Principles of Sustainability
The four pillars and sixteen principles of the Earth Charter are:
I. Respect and Care for the Community of Life
1. Respect Earth and life in all its diversity.
2. Care for the community of life with understanding, compassion and love.
3. Build democratic societies that are just, participatory, sustainable and peaceful.
4. Secure Earth’s bounty and beauty for present and future generations.
II. Ecological Integrity
5. Protect and restore the integrity of Earth’s ecological systems, with special concern for biological diversity and the natural processes that sustain life.
6. Prevent harm as the best method of environmental protection and, when knowledge is limited, apply a precautionary approach.
7. Adopt patterns of production, consumption and reproduction that safeguard Earth’s regenerative capacities, human rights and community well-being.
8. Advance the study of ecological sustainability and promote the open exchange and wide application of the knowledge acquired.
III. Social and Economic Justice
9. Eradicate poverty as an ethical, social and environmental imperative.
10. Ensure that economic activities and institutions at all levels promote human development in an equitable and sustainable manner.
11. Affirm gender equality and equity as prerequisites to sustainable development and ensure universal access to education, health care and economic opportunity.
12. Uphold the right of all, without discrimination, to a natural and social environment supportive of human dignity, bodily health and spiritual well-being, with special attention to the rights of indigenous peoples and minorities.
IV. Democracy, Non-violence, and Peace
13. Strengthen democratic institutions at all levels, and provide transparency and accountability in governance, inclusive participation in decision-making, and access to justice.
14. Integrate into formal education and lifelong learning the knowledge, values and skills needed for a sustainable way of life.
15. Treat all living beings with respect and consideration.
16. Promote a culture of tolerance, nonviolence and peace.
The key to sustainability
It’s important for us to know these earth charter and principles to understand sustainability and to empower ourselves to becoming an inspiring individual set to make a difference in another person’s life. It’s time for you to make the first move towards sustainability and start making changes in your life!
Learn How Easy It Is To Get StartedI’m here to tell you that your FUTURE doesn’t have anything to do with your past.
Believe me, we’ve been there and we know what it’s like to take all your past life experiences — both good AND bad — and turn it into gold instead…
Because your future has EVERYTHING to do with what you are willing to commit to right now.
It has EVERYTHING to do with not settling for less anymore, and beginning to believe you ARE worth it.
It all starts by choosing to…
Make Your Breakthrough Decision Now!
Lisa Burnham is an artist-ecoactivist-entrepreneur mom to two wonderful kids and wife to a surfer! She teaches for 25 years to children of all ages, has an art education and speaks Spanish, pretty well, too! This mom loves traveling, gardening and anything green! She lives in San Francisco, California just a block away from the ocean. And she has a pitbull named Irie.
Lisa is living the life - enjoying freedom and embracing a more meaningful life while creating a sustainable business that keeps her mobile and free! Connect with her and start your own journey towards the realization of your dream life!
Connect with me at:
About Empower Network
Empower Network hosts one of the largest blogging communities and publishing platforms online in addition to providing educational and leadership training products and services to online marketers and start-up, home-based and small businesses.
Empower Network offers a program through which affiliates can earn commissions off the sales of Empower Network products. Headquartered in St. Petersburg, Fla., David Wood and David Sharpe founded Empower Network in 2011 to empower small-business owners to make money online without dealing with the technical, marketing, payroll and overhead challenges that frustrate many entrepreneurs and small-business owners.
Empower Network's signature product is a viral blogging system geared toward helping its 30,000 affiliates and 70,000 members use the Internet to grow their businesses online, taking them from disenfranchisement to full self-empowerment through the use of blogs, direct sales and online marketing.
Watch my video challenges HERE!